Monday, June 9, 2008

Stress Mess

Looks like I'm going to be going back to work. It could happen as early as tomorrow. This could be my last day living the life of the unemployed. The six months have flown by. I find myself excited at a new opportunity, but terrified by it as well. Still, I realize that I need to get back into the game. I've got a score to settle.

I've gotten advice from guys and gals who have been fired before and most of it the same- "clear your head and enjoy the freedom". It's advice that I found impossible to take. I could never clear my head when there was so much uncertainty floating about. I was confident that I would land another job here, but until last week, nothing was certain. Even as I write this, I'm not 100 percent certain that I have this new job. I won't go into details about it yet. I spent six months trying to convince myself that I would land somewhere as soon as the non-compete was up. Some days I was good at it, and others I was swallowed up in a panic that no one could see. The stress of convincing others around you that you'll be fine while failing to convince yourself is the ultimate high-wire act. Now it's on to the stress of having a job, and the responsibilities attached with it. When it comes to stressing out, I am truly my mother's son.

I see that some ad links are posted in the right-hand column of this blog. Google tries to tailor they're ads to the content of the site, so I'm seeing a lot of stuff popping up on radio non-competes and anti-Obama links. Maybe I should shake things up with a sports column or a piece on my dog, Maverick. Maybe I should write movie reviews and see what ads pop up.

Ratings come out today for KWNR. They come out every month. I can't wait to see them. All signs point to the ratings dropping hard. If that happens, I'll have mixed emotions because it will be my friends there that will suffer, not the idiots in charge. I'll be sure and clue you in.

That's all I've got.

No comments: