Monday, June 16, 2008

Bits of Wit.

Heading out shortly to take care of a few things at work. I'll be doing some reporting from 4-6 this afternoon, then tomorrow I'll be reporting in the mornings between 6-8 and again from 4-6 in the afternoon. Thus, this is my last morning to just hang out at home, and I'll miss a few things. I'll list those in a little bit. I find myself a little less nervous as I get closer to punching the clock. That's backwards, isn't it? Shouldn't the anticipation and indigestion compound as I get closer to "go time"? Maybe it's the pot of coffee I've ingested. Not the actual pot, which would be silly. You know what I'm saying.

If I can offer anything of note on this entry, it's this: Don't go see "The Happening". Don't. Please. I'm begging you. Pumpkin and I went on Saturday and it's 91 minutes of our lives we won't get back. I wanted to be creeped out by it, but the only thing scary was how easily I was fooled into thinking that I would enjoy it. In summary, it's about some unseen threat that makes people kill themselves. . I doubt that the filmmaker intended his audience to feel that way as well, but this was one ticket holder that was glad he didn't find some broken glass to use afterward.

Ok, then...

No comments: