Friday, January 18, 2008

Dropping Down

Going to San Diego for a couple of days. Aside from a bar stool with a frosty mug in front of me, this is my absolute favorite place to go. Even the homeless are friendly there. Hey sure, you literally don't have a pot to p**s in, but you're in San Diego, so how bad can it be? We're going as a "change of scenery" type trip. I've made no secret of the fact that one day, we'd like to call San Diego home. Pumpkin has gone so far as to cut out magazine articles that have pictures of the way she wants our San Diego house to look. She's hardcore.

Problem? The average- average- home price in San Diego hovers near 600k. The house where I presently sit would be a million dollar house if picked up here and plopped on land there. Considering my income stream is now just a trickle, those plans might be derailed......or they might have been put on the fast track.

I have to go watch Pumpkin pack my stuff. Oh, more pithy observations next week, for sure. Some will be radio related with the rest being whatever is rattling around inside my dome.

No comments: