Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Man's Trash

Trash pickup days around here are Wednesdays and Saturdays. You can tell a lot about a house dweller by what they leave at the curb. I'll never understand why some people buy see- through bags. I don't want people to see what I've thrown out, even if there's nothing incriminating inside. I may not want it or need it anymore, but I don't want anyone to see it, either.

Several houses around my 'hood either threw big parties over the weekend, or they have major drinking problems. Some families seem to exist only on a steady diet of Pizza Hut and Hungry Man. A few busted open some cool new gizmos or appliances. Exciting for them, though I'll never understand in this day and age why you'd leave a huge box out on the sidewalk announcing you're the proud owner of a new Sony 55 inch 1080 LCD HDTV. I wonder how many home invasions are a result of a garbage man telling his friend, "hey man, I know a house that just got a Wii.." or something like that. More than a few, I think.

I always walk the dog thinking it'll clear my head, but I always arrive home with more questions than clearing.

No comments: