Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Offer I Can't (?) Refuse

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

On the one hand, it's a good opportunity. Not great, but good. On the other hand, saying yes would mean that I would see my gal (while conscious, anyway) about 90 minutes a day.

If I were to list the best things I have going right now, it would be my relationship with my gal. There is no Number Two. Last night, I bemoaned (!) the lack of time we spend together just hanging out during the week. I realize that that's how it is with most couples, but how odd is it that this new opportunity should arise the morning after such a discussion.

I can honestly say that I've never said no to something that has been offered me in radio. Many times, I've wanted to say no, but fear of what may happen if I did overwhelmed me, and I caved. Most of the time, it's been to my benefit. I'm trying to find a benefit to this, and other than a regular paycheck (which is a big factor, no doubt) I don't see one. Professional accomplishment minus personal happiness equals nothing to me. Simple math. So I don't know. I mean, I know what I should do, but I don't know what I'm going to do. Suddenly, working "regular hours" doesn't seem so bad.

No comments: