Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rear View Musings

There's just something about December 3rd that brings me pain. Today, I was in the dentist chair for an hour, as work began on a couple of new crowns for my teeth. Just another one of the perks that come with getting older and abusing Corn Nuts

Today marks one year since my dismissal for KWNR. It seems much, much longer ago. I still talk with my friends over there, but those talks are now once a week at best. That's expected. I still like seeing them, and I still like talking to them, but I will always be reminded of what happened and whatever fun I have with them will always be tempered.

If you've been with this blog from the beginning, you know the whole story of the firing. For a recap of December 3rd, 2007, click here

It's been 12 months of wild emotional swings, both on the personal and professional side. I could never have survived it without nights with Pumpkin, drinking days with Mark, the occasional Fellas' Night, and the company of my dog, Maverick. I still haven't had a cry about anything. I guess I know now that I can survive it if and when it happens again. December 3rd was a shock to the system, but I think I came out of it better for the experience.

I'll keep on blogging and keep on slogging. This has been a nice outlet, even if upon further review it appears that I sure do complain a lot.

I want this day to end.

No comments: