Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Quickie

It's come to my attention that some people have found this blog. That's cool. I started it as an outlet for me just to get my feelings out, never planning it for public consumption. A big welcome to those who have found it, and I appreciate your comments. You're currently in the middle of the chain of events that led to my dismissal from KWNR. Nothing has been made up or exaggerated. It is what it is.

The next entry will lead to the day I got the hook, Monday December 3rd. As you're reading the recounting, let it be known that I hold no ill will toward Mark Stevens, who was my morning show partner for almost two years, and my pal for 12. Any venom listeners direct toward him for me not being there is misdirected. He had nothing to do with it, and wishes things hadn't changed. I also remain close with Bob Bishop and Stunt Runt, and wish them well. KWNR had a family atmosphere going for it for quite awhile, and it only took a 12 month period for the powers that be to blow that up. It's so hard for a radio station to achieve what KWNR had, but when you have salespeople calling the shots for what the programming will sound like, the only deal they're closing is the eventual death of the station. If not now, soon enough.

No comments: